Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2022

Week Five



 I've been in a mild dip this week, so I've made sure to spend some time outside. Even with the oppressive heat, I feel that being outside heals me somewhat. Maybe that's why I enjoy being in the desert so much. It's not the heat that attracts me, it's more the environment. I love looking at mountains. That's probably why I feel so at home in Las Vegas. There are mountains, desert canyons and pretty glittery lights to look at. I also really like the idea of living in a city where everything is open, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. I can get very depressed during holidays when stores and restaurants are closed. I suppose that it's the disruption of my routine that bothers me more than anything.

My sleep pattern has been affected as well. Last night (like every Sunday night), I could not sleep. My brain races at the start of the week, making plans about everything then getting anxious about starting any of the plans. We're going on a mini-vacation later this week, so I'm looking forward to that. We'll be busy but I'll be able to rest and not think about work.

I haven't felt any major differences from the TMS treatment yet, just minor ones, but they are good differences. I've lost a bit of weight and I've been eating a better diet. When I learned that many ADHD people binge eat (or eat when bored, like I did), it flipped a switch in my brain and now when I want to eat, I only do when I'm truly hungry. I realize that my brain is searching for a dopamine fix. I've been able to avoid sugary sweets and salty snacks this week. I don't even crave fast food anymore because I know that I will feel heavy and weird after I eat it. Making better choices is becoming more easy for me.

I wonder if I should keep a journal and jot down all the random thoughts and ideas that spring into my head. Perhaps it would give me some ideas to write about. I like writing things down because I seem to retain the information easier. I think I will start doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is Nothing Wrong With you: Embracing Life as an Adult with ADHD

At times, we encounter unusual and unexpected challenges in our lives. For some individuals, the revelation of an ADHD diagnosis in their la...