Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2022

Week Three


 

I'm starting my third week of TMS feeling generally better, but my anxiety has escalated. I still get very distracted and unable to focus, so I take frequent breaks. My thoughts are coming almost in a manic pace from the moment my eyes open in the early morning: 

- "I need to remember to write down that idea for a screenplay I had in my dream."

- "Do I have any work meetings this week? If I do, I hope it doesn't last long."

- "We really need to replace the bay windows in the house."

- "Hubby's bathroom needs to be renovated."

- "What do I have to fix for lunch today. Maybe I'll order some sushi."

- "Should we go ahead and get a couple of cats? I miss having a kitty in the house, but I also want to travel."

- "Tuesday is Senior Discount day at Goodwill. Hope I can drop by."

- "I wonder why my items on Ebay aren't getting bids. Should I rewrite the descriptions?"

Ad nauseum. One thought right after the other, none related to the next. I seem to think of everything under the sun when I wake up. I feel that I'm at my most creative in the morning hours. I've read articles about different authors who are the same way, preferring an early start and more leisurely afternoon and evening. That will probably be my schedule after I retire too.

I'm hoping my anxiety will calm down this week. It's exhausting to be unable to shut my brain off. I'm taking a few days off later this month to visit family and friends in north Texas, so that will be a welcome break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is Nothing Wrong With you: Embracing Life as an Adult with ADHD

At times, we encounter unusual and unexpected challenges in our lives. For some individuals, the revelation of an ADHD diagnosis in their la...